About Our City
Other Business Directory
The City of Pass Christian is currently accepting applications for the position of Director of Recreation.
Salary range for position will be $26,000/per year to $28,000/per year, depending upon experience.
All interested individuals may submit an application at Pass Christian City Hall or mail to the City of Pass Christian, Attention: City Clerk, P.O. Drawer 368, Pass Christian, Ms. 39571.
Deadline for submittal of application is December 6, 2013 before 4:00p.m.
The City of Pass Christian reserves the right to refuse any and all applications received. The City of Pass Christian is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Download and print out an application, form 1, form 2
Civil Service form (civil service for Police and Fire only)
City of Pass Christian
Job Description: Harbor Patrol
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
EEO Class: Technical
Reports to: Harbor Master
Directly Supervises: Non-Supervisory
Under general supervision, with limited enforcement authority, operates a City vehicle patrolling parking zones in the Harbor area, enforcing the City's Harbor Rules and Regulations and other applicable ordinances.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTONS:
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, May include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
• Issues parking citations for violations of the City's parking ordinance and other related ordinances/statutes.
• Operates a City vehicle patrolling the Harbor area relative to parking enforcement, traffic control, and related patrol duties.
• Assists the public in answering questions on the City's Harbor Rules and Regulations, City services, and other related information.
• Observes while on patrol other violations and reports these to the proper authority for response.
• Operates a radio and maintains communication with Dispatch Center.
• Performs traffic control, delivery, and escort duties as assigned.
• Patrols Harbor and boat areas to prevent and detect signs of intrusion.
• Answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
• Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
• Inspect and adjust security systems, equipment, and machinery to ensure operational use and to detect evidence of tampering.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
• Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures and strategies to promote effective local, State or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property and premises.
• Knowledge of the City's Harbor parking and other applicable ordinances.
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Knowledge of safety practices/procedures in operating a City vehicle.
• Ability to safely operate and maintain a City vehicle.
• Ability to read and understand the City's Harbor’s Rules and Regulations and other related regulations.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees and the public.
• Ability to complete necessary reports relative to parking citations and other related incident reports required by the Police Department including data entry of activity into a computer terminal.
• Ability to write clearly and concisely for completing citations and other related report forms.
• Ability to work outside for at least 12 hours a day in all types of weather.
• Ability to work in closed spaces.
• Must be able to swim.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Graduation from high school or equivalent.
• Must be qualified to carry a firearm.
• Must pass the Coast Guard Safety School.
• Must pass the reserve academy.
• One year or more of experience working with the public.
• In lieu of above requirements, the incumbent may possess any combination of relevant education, training and experience which would demonstrate the individual’s knowledge, skill and ability to perform the essential duties listed above.
License and Certifications
• Valid Mississippi Driver’s License at the time of appointment or ability to obtain one within thirty (30) days and a driving record acceptable to the City’s insurance carrier.
The statements contained in this job description reflect general details necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences of relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.